Protecting the peasants from maxium rent-seeking elites.
"With justice and moderation the people will produce more. Tax revenues will increase and the state will grow rich and powerful. Justice is the foundation of a powerful state."
Justice is moderation in rates of taxation. Lafler Curve.
Circle of Equity (From History of Political Thought by Jennifer London)
- "The world is a garden, hedged in by sovereignty
- Sovereignty is lordship, preserved by law
- Law is administration, governed by the king
- The king is a shepherd, supported by the army
- The army are soldiers, fed by money
- Money is revenue, gathered by the people
- The people are servants, subjected by justice
- Justice is happiness, the well-being of the world."
The Origins of Political Order, Francis Fukuyama
- There can be no royal authority without the military.
- There can be no military without wealth.
- The people (reiah) produce the wealth.
- The sultan keeps the people (reiah) by making justice rain.
- Justice requires harmony in the world.
- The world is a garden. It walls are the state.
- The state's prop is the religious law.
- There is no support for religious law without royal authority.